in every kid
A fun,welcoming programme aimed at children aged 5-8
What is Hockey Heroes?
Hockey Heroes is a fun and welcoming programme aimed at children aged 5-8 that aims to develop both their physical and character ‘superpowers’, unlocking the hero inside them!
More specifically, Hockey Heroes is a 8 week hockey programme aimed at beginners that not only focuses on helping children develop some physical hockey superpowers such as dribbling, passing and goal scoring, but also places as much emphasis on character development superpowers including teamwork, communication, perseverance and respect. Our aim is for children to have lots of fun, experience lots of success, and feel like a hero! This will boost their confidence, and ensure a positive experience of physical activity and sport that will have a beneficial effect in the rest of their life.
What do you get?
- When you book your first course, you’ll get a Hockey Heroes equipment pack delivered to your door to keep! This will contain two plastic hockey sticks, a ball, a personalised t-shirt and stickers to customise the sticks.
- When you book your second course, you’ll receive a set of 6 mini coloured cones to have fun practicing your superpowers plus a replacement set of stickers for you stick.
- Eight one-hour sessions of the Hockey Hero programme held over eight weeks
- A sticker at the end of every session rewarding children for unlocking their superpowers
- Tips on how your child can practice their hockey and character superpowers at home with you, a sibling or friend
Why should I encourage my child to try hockey?
Hockey is one of the few team sports which is gender balanced, and suitable for people of all shapes and sizes . It is also a true family sport as people of all ages can play, with family members often playing together in the same teams!
By taking part in Hockey Heroes your child will benefit in lots of ways:
- They will have lots of fun whilst being active and developing their basic physical and fundamental movement skills
- They will be encouraged to understand and practice some key character development skills such as teamwork, perseverance and sportsmanship
- The content of the sessions will help to make them feel successful and confident
- They will have the opportunity to make some new friends
- Practising with you in the sessions and at home will encourage you both to be active and have fun together
Signing up is easy
Signing up is easy and the programme provides a great value, low commitment opportunity to try a new sport. There will also be the opportunity for your child to carry on playing and developing after the programme either by doing another 8-week programme or by graduating to the junior section of your local hockey club. The choice is yours!